Monday, March 19, 2012

Out of Space

What do you do when you've reached your limit of free space in Pacasa?  In the beginning of my blogging experience, I uploaded all pictures at full size because I didn't know any better.  Randomly deleting pictures is not an option since many are attached to my blog.  However, there are plenty of pictures in Pacasa that I never even posted on my blog.  Those can be deleted but it seems like such a tedious and time-consuming task.  Maybe I'll look into the possibility of resizing the larger files in Picasa.  I wonder if that's possible.

2 comments:

  1. Only other options I know of (I had the same problem with Photobucket):
    1. Sign up for the pay version
    2. Get a second account with another email address
    3. Use a different photo place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always worried about that! However, I ended up quitting blogging and deleting my blog before that ever happened. Now with my new blog, in attempting to conserve my album space, I seldom upload anything larger than 800 x 600 pixels.

    One thing you might try is open up a new Google account with another email address. Then you will also have an entirely new Picasa account.

    You would have to create a new with a new blog address.

    Then you could export present blog and import it into your new account. All your existing photos would still be linked to the Google account you currently have. Once you import your blog to your new Google account, all your new photo uploads would be in your fresh Google/Picasa account.

    I know that sounds a little complicated, but I just tried it with my new blog Enjoying LIFE: The 40s and 50s. I will be uploading many photos on this blog and I would prefer to have a fresh Picasa account for it. I imported it into my new Google/blogger account. Enjoying LIFE: The 40s and 50s

    Other than that, the only thing I know to do is upgrade to a paid Picasa account.

    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete